Friday, December 16, 2011

Our nifty pop-up Christmas card

We decided to make a pop-up Christmas card this year! It took a while to engineer, but once I figured it out, it was a breeze making them. And luckily I only had to make 20 cards. Cutting & scoring everything took a while, but I was able to work & watch TV, so it wasn't so bad.

I always look a ton cuter in our greeting cards, and for some reason I'm always wearing a dress, which I never do! Hubby's beak is waaaay bigger on the cards too! Hermie the Groundhog has been in our last 4 greeting cards. He's super cute this year wishing for a Christmas tomato.

This was probably the most elaborate card we've made to date. The only other one that comes close it the Attack of the Fruitcake movie poster card from 6 years ago that took a few weeks to paint. My grandma was really confused by that one!





This card won second place in Joe Blundo's contest in the Columbus Dispatch! I scored $50, woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment