Friday, April 6, 2012

New vintage canning jar labels in my shop!

I added 2 new vintage style canning jar labels to the CanningCrafts shop. The Fruit & Vegetable canning labels have an old looking paper background with cute illustrations. I added another vintage label a while back & it's been selling like crazy. I've had so many requests for vintage-looking labels, so I'll definitely be adding more to the shop as soon as I can!

I took the photos in our back yard this morning. I'm so excited that our apple tree is loaded with blossoms because it hasn't produced any fruit for a few years now. Last year it got zapped by frost, & the year before we had it trimmed a bit too much I think. We always worry that every year will be its last since it has fire blight. But so far it looks to be off to a good start this year :) Yea!

And the not so good news... we may have a backyard visitor again. Hermie the groundhog or some other varmint has been digging under our porch again. As cute as I think Hermie is, I really need to get some tomatoes this year because our salsa bounty is gone! I canned 40 pints & 3 quarts of salsa 2 years ago & hubby & friends have depleted it! So I'm worried I might not be as forgiving this year if he stands in my way of a plentiful tomato crop.

By the way, I started my tomato seedlings last week & 3 have emerged so far! I have black, purple, yellow, & red tomatoes this year & will post more details later!

Vintage fruit canning jar label





Vintage vegetable canning jar label




Hermie the big fat bold groundhog likes our patio furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment