Friday, May 11, 2012

Doctor Who Felt David Tennant Doll


It's finally completed!!! My greatest invention ever!!! OK, well, it's at least finally completed :) I decided to make a felt 10th Doctor doll for my friend's son's second birthday. Originally I was going to buy one off of etsy. but the few that were up seemed rather pricey. Also, I waited too long... most of the etsy listings are made-to-order so I wouldn't have gotten it in time for his birthday.

So, I figured I'd give it a shot! I didn't have a pattern, I just winged it. That's usually what I end up doing when I sew. I never feel like I know what I'm doing & often bang my head in frustration for the first few hours of sewing! A good portion of the doll is sewn by hand, and I'll admit it could be neater. But I don't think a 2 year old will notice it. At least I'm hoping he won't!

I spent about 2 weeks off & on working on this doll! I'm sure if I factored up my time it would've been cheaper to buy one off of etsy. But, I'm really happy with how it turned out. My favorite part is the sticky-uppy hair... it's just like David Tennant's hair!! The hair is posable, the trench coat is removable, & he comes with some fun 3-D glasses. I sewed the sonic screwdriver to his hand because I was worried it would get lost or worse yet, choked on! 

It's going to be hard to part with this cute little guy! If I ever get ambitious enough, I might make a brown coat version for myself. 














No comments:

Post a Comment