Friday, January 23, 2015

A Very Chipotle Christmas

We eat at Chipotle A LOT... too much? No, I don't think you can eat at Chipotle too much. I saved all of our bags last year to create cool Christmas wrapping paper and gift bags because I hate waste. Now we take our old bag into Chipotle for refills so we don't have to use their new bags. Maybe they'll start giving bag credits one day ;)

The bags already have a ton of awesome art on them, so all I really did was draw red and green doodles. Then I used receipts for name tags.

The gingham ribbons are actually scrap cloth I have leftover from cutting cloth toppers for canning jars for my Etsy shop. I buy fabric by the bolt, so I always have about 10 yards of the edge material left. For years I threw it away. But then one day I wondered if I could do anything with it, and it dawned on me that I could repurpose it into ribbon. The edge of most fabric is a bit rustic looking, so it works really well with the kraft paper bags.





No comments:

Post a Comment