Friday, February 20, 2015

Grow it, Can it, EAT it!


Oh, what did we do before Pinterest? I suppose everyone went to the library to gather resources and reference materials, but that was mostly pre-internet. The internet has made it super easy to compile information on just about everything food and garden related. But Pinterest makes it so much more FUN too!

Now that I've quit my full time design job to run my shop and do freelance design and illustration,  I've been on Pinterest a lot. Hey, I'm doing market research & stuff, not just pinning dog memes. I've been compiling a Pinterest board with a bunch of good canning recipes to try, the best plant varieties, and different gardening tips and tricks. There's soooo much eye candy, take a look!

I have a pretty basic goal list for CanningCrafts this year:

  • I'll be making a bigger effort to keep my blog updated with my garden plans & new recipes I try.
  • I'm definitely getting a website. I've had the domain name for years, it's about time. I recently built a WordPress site for my art endeavors. And while it was far from fun, I managed to do it pretty much all by myself. So doing a new website should be pretty easy.
  • I want to setup at craft shows and farmer's markets! Planning my setup has been fun, but I have a ways to go before I'll be ready. 
  • I'm in the process of developing a bunch of new gifts-in-jars sets for my shop. These have been a big hit, especially during the holidays. I've had requests for scones, pancakes, breads & more! So far, I've added a brownie jar set to my shop! 
And of course I'll have plenty of time to design new canning jar labels. I've added about 60 new designs since the end of last year. It's amazing how much work you can get done when your "side" job becomes your full time job, and you don't have to cram everything in on the weekends.

brownie mix in a jar
Double Chocolate Brownies, ooh la la! They are super rich & fudgy!

brownie mix in a jar recipe

mason jar brownie mix

mason jar brownie mix recipe

mason jar brownies

mason jar brownies
Brownie mason jar gifts include a recipe card for how to pack the
jars, stickers, cloth toppers, ribbons, baking hang tags, and a shopping list to
make it easy to gather all the ingredients to make 12 jars.
These gingham cloth topper and hang tag sets decorate 6 jars!
They're available in red and blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment