Friday, May 8, 2015

Oink Oink

They were small...
and now they are large!

My sister is becoming a real homesteader, and I couldn't be more jealous. She planned to get 2 pigs, but that quickly turned into 4 pigs. While I don't think I'd ever want to raise pigs, I certainly LOVE bacon enough that I'll gladly take some from her fridge once they meet their maker.

And I make sure to tell her that I'm coming for a visit a month early so she has time to start hoarding eggs for me too. I'm not sure how many chickens they have, but they often get 10 eggs a day (not all lay at the same time apparently). Farm Fresh brown eggs are so much richer in color and taste than what you can get in the store. And I save ALL of my bacon grease, so my dark yellow goddess yolks are fried in the tasty stuff. I hope eggs are considered good for you these days, because I eat 2-5 every day. And yes, my cholesterol is great.

This is Little Brown Hen. She likes to sit in her flower pot.

Little Brown Hen is not camera shy. What a diva.
ooooh, double yolk eggs. I always feel like I hit the lottery when this happens :D

Oh, and they also have honey bees! Jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment