- Regular or wide mouth canning jar rings
- 2 tablespoons white school glue
- 1 cup of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Whole cloves
MAKE THE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Mix cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir in applesauce and glue.
- Mix and knead for 2-3 minutes until dough is smooth. If dough is too sticky, add more cinnamon. If dough is too dry, add a little water.
- Mold the dough mixture around the canning rings.
- Insert whole cloves for decoration.
- Place ornaments on a wire rack to dry at room temperature. Turn once a day for even drying. Drying will take several days.
- Once dry, decorate with ribbon or paint some holly berries.
- Recipe makes about 8 ornaments depending on what size canning rings you use.
- PLEASE NOTE: These ornaments are NOT edible. Store finished ornaments in a dry location free of excess humidity and cold.